If you’ve reached us after business hours, here are a few helpful tips:
To report a claim:
Buying a new car?
Minnesota automatically includes four days of physical damage coverage for personal vehicles. Please contact us on the next business day to add the new vehicle to your policy.
Need an auto ID card?
Email our support team at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible. In 2018 we will have an online portal available for 24 hour access to important coverage documents.
Have you purchased a watercraft?
Please note that your watercraft is not automatically insured and should not be used until our support team can assist you with adding it to your policy.
Have you been in an accident?
- Call the police.
- Get the name, telephone number and address of all drivers, passengers and witnesses.
- Get the other person’s insurance carrier name, address, and policy number.
- Write down license plate numbers and state of each vehicle involved.
- Notify your agent immediately.
- DO NOT ADMIT FAULT OR RESPONSIBILITY.
Seasonal claims tips
What to do immediately after a storm:
Protect your property
- Make temporary repairs to prevent further loss from rain, wind, or looting. These costs may be reimbursable, so keep the receipts.
- Keep receipts for additional living expenses such as temporary housing. These costs may be reimbursable.
- Make a detailed list of all damaged or destroyed personal property. Don’t throw out damaged property until you have met with an adjuster.
- Check utility lines and appliances for damage. If you smell gas, leave the building immediately.
- Following a storm, there may be people going door-to-door asking to inspect your property for storm damage. We caution you not to sign any agreements prior to our inspection of the property, as these agreements could bind you to uncovered repairs or to specific contractors.
Report your claim to your agent
Please note that insurance coverage cannot be put into effect or modified in any way until reviewed and approved by a licensed agent. Questions specific to existing insurance coverage should be discussed with an agent directly.